
Representative file image. , Photo Credit: M. Shrinath
Foreign investors have excluded about ₹ 18,000 crore from Indian equities so far this month, by increasing the US-India trade tension, the first quarter corporate earnings and weighted Indian rupees.
With this, the total outflow by foreign portfolio investors (FPI) in equity has reached ₹ 1.13 lakh crore in 2025 so far.
Moving forward, the FPI’s spirit is expected to be “delicate and risk-mode”, with the emergence of the major factors in the coming weeks with tariffs and business talks, Angel is expected to emerge as major factors to look out in the coming weeks, according to CFA, according to CFA, according to CFA.
Statistics showed that FPI withdrew a net amount of ₹ 17,924 crore from equity in this month (till 8 August). Foreign investors took out 17,741 crore on a pure basis in July. Earlier, FPI had invested 38,673 crores before three months from March to June.
The latest outfits were mainly due to increasing US-India trade tension, the first quarter corporate income and a weak Indian rupee, Himanshu Srivastava, Associate Director-Manager Research, Morningstar Investment Research India said.
From 1 August, the US imposed a 25% tariff on Indian goods and increased these tariffs additional 25% during the current week. It launched the markets and FPIs, which led to large -scale sales in Indian equities, said Khan of Angel One.
He said that along with tariffs, the yield of US Treasury also leads foreign funds towards Treasury.
On the other hand, FPI invested of 3,432 crore in the loan general limit and put Crore in 58 crores in the loan voluntary retention route during the period under review.
Published – August 10, 2025 03:45 pm IST