
A man stands next to the flag of the US and China at the Lancaster House, on the second day, London, Britain, on 10 June, 2025 for business talks between the US and China. Photo Credit: Reuters
The two sides stated that senior American and Chinese dialogues have agreed to a framework to regain their trade talks after a series of controversies, threatening to derail them.
The announcement was made at the end of two days of talks in the British capital, which was late on Tuesday (June 10, 2025).
Editorial: Big Deal: On US-China Trade Deal
Meetings focus on finding a way to resolve disputes over minerals and technology exports, who shook a delicate trus on trade arrived in Geneva last month. It is not clear whether there was any progress on more fundamental differences on China’s massive trade surplus with the United States.
“First we had to exclude negativity and we can move forward,” US Commerce Secretary Howard Lutynik told reporters after meetings.
The Asian stock market rose on Wednesday (June 11) after the agreement was announced.

The talks tried to calm the water after a phone call between President Donald Trump and Chinese leader Xi Jinping last week.
Vice-Menister Lee Chenggang of Commerce and China’s International Trade Representative said that the two sides have agreed to a framework on phone calls and a framework to implement the consensus on negotiations on Geneva. Xinhua News AgeY said.
Further details, including any plan for the possible next round of talks, were not immediately available.
Chinese Commerce Minister Shri Lee and Wang Wonto were part of the Vice -President -led delegation. He met 200 -year -old Haveli near Buckingham Palace, Mr. Lutynik at Lancaster House, Treasury Secretary Scott Besant and trade representative Jamisson Greer.
Former American business -negotiable Wendy Cutler said the disputes had distanced 30 out of 90 days, both sides would have to try to resolve their disputes.
They agreed to the 90-day suspension of the 100%-flask tariff in Geneva, which they had put on each other in a trade war on each other, which feared a recession. The World Bank, citing an increase in trade barriers, cut its estimates on Tuesday (June 11) for the US and Global Economic Development this year.
“The US and China lost valuable time to restore their geneva agreements,” Ms. Katler said, now the vice -president at the Asia Society Policy Institute. “Now, only sixty days remain to address issues of anxiety, including inappropriate trade practices, additional capacity, transpirations and phentanels.” Since Geneva talks, the US and China have exchanged anger on advanced semi -circulators that are important for Chinese students in American universities for Artificial Intelligence, Visa and Rare Earth minerals that are important for car manufacturers and other industries.
China, the world’s largest producer of rare Earth, has indicated that it can accelerate issuing export licenses to elements. Beijing, in turn, wants the US to restore Chinese access to the technology used to create advanced semiconductors.
Shri Lutnik said that resolving the rare earth issue is a fundamental part of the structure agreed, and that the US will remove measures in response. He did not specify what measures are there.
“When they approve the license, you should expect our export implementation to be reduced,” he said.
Ms. Katller said that it would be unprecedented for the US to interact on her export controls, which she has described as an obstacle that China has been increasing for almost 20 years.
“By doing so, the US has opened a door to China to emphasize adding export control to the agenda of future interactions,” she said.
In Washington, a federal appeal court agreed on Tuesday (June 10) to allow the government to gather tariffs that Mr. Trump has imposed on not only China but also on other countries worldwide, while the administration has given a verdict against its signature trade policy.
Mr. Trump earlier said that he wanted to “open” the world’s leading manufacturer for American products.
“If we do not open China, perhaps we will not do anything,” Mr. Trump said in the White House. “But we want to open China.”
Published – June 11, 2025 03:12 pm IST